11.2.12

day three.

Why hello there. Part of the problem with casually blogging this kind of "life correction" is that these first few days are largely transitional and not very interesting, especially if I'm not disabled by the shame of cumulative failure and thus desperate to sort my head out via writing.

If, like now for example, I'm in a good (dare i say "healthy"?) frame of mind, well....there's just not much to say because I don't want to go digging around in there if everything's kind of OK, you know, "there" (points at head).

+++

Still, there's food to talk about I guess, as always. I realized last night that I must solve this problem of "needing bread texture." One of the not-so-secret secrets to my incredible weight gain over the past 6 months has been lots of bready and crackery things. How does one satisfyingly snack without this gluten-y chewy-crunchy toothsomeness? Without resorting to potato chips and corn bread I mean. It's a good question. Popcorn is a provocative suggestion but I fear for my teeth. This is the most promising possibility but it means I have to learn to bake.

+++

Discipline, my boy, that's going to be your snack food from now on. Clandestine nibbles of self-control. Yummy.

+++

Nonetheless, a brother does have to eat something, doesn't he? I am now about to be forcing myself to go outside and go to the Natuurwinkel (which it hasn't actually been called in years, but they were changing the name so often for a while I just stopped learning the new names) to look for non-gluten noodles (brown rice? buckwheat?) and fuck if I can think of any fruit or vegetable I'm truly interested in but I've got to find something. Maybe I'll buy a head of kale and finally try that roasted kale chip thing.

+++

Can you at least feign some enthusiasm, brother? Come on.

+++

No comments: